- Government of Odisha conducts Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) each
year in May/June for admission into B. Tech. courses in different Engineering
Colleges of Odisha. Admission procedure is based on the criteria as decided by the
Academic Council of BPUT.
- Students who have passed the +2 Science examination of CHSE, Odisha or
equivalent with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory along with Chemistry/
Computer Science/ Biology / Bio-technology or who have passed the 3 year degree in
Engineering conducted by the State Council of Technical Education and Vocational
Training, Odisha or an equivalent examination, recognized by BPUT, are eligible for
the B.Tech. programme through the ranks obtained in OJEE / AIEEE.
- Students with Diploma can be admitted into the 3rd semester directly in all branches
as per JEE Lateral Entry rules. 10% of seats of the total intake are open to candidates
for lateral entry to the 3rd semester. Further the students having rank in lateral entry
shall also be eligible for admission to the first year class in case the vacancies in
lateral entry are exhausted. However the admission shall be based strictly on the basis
of JEE rank only.
- There shall be provision for direct admission for a limited number of NRI / FN
students. Details of the criteria shall be as per the provisions in the rule formulated
for the purpose. BPUT and the examination conducting body of OJEE shall adopt the
eligibility criteria as specified by AICTE / UGC.
- Reservation for SC/ST, handicapped, Women, Military, Green Card and outside State
Quota is available. For more information on the JEE examinations, please contact the
Director of Technical Education and Training, Cuttack, Orissa. 5% of the total intake
is reserved for NRI / In-lieu of NRI quota. For any information regarding admission
through Odisha JEE please visit www.ojee.nic.in.
- The details of eligibility, reservations for various categories, medical requirements
and procedures for admissions are as per the guidelines in the Information Brochure
for Joint Entrance Examination.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination
conducted by Government of Odisha or All India Engineering Entrance
Examination(AIEEE) conducted by CBSE, Ministry of HRD, New Delhi to get a seat
either through counselling or NRI quota.
- Admissions shall ordinarily close before a specified period from the date of
commencement of the first semester through a notification.
- The intake admission ratio at JIET is as follows :
|Intake Category||Percentage ( % )|
For further clarification please contact to:
The Admission Department
Jagannath Institute Of Engineering & Technology
Jagatpur Industrial Estate, Phase - II,
Jagatpur, Cuttack, Odisha - 754021
Ph. No. : +91 - 0671 -2490935, 2490677, 2490185
Mobile : +91-9040606023, +91-9437142602, +91-9861116356, +91-9938488057, +91- 9040146123 , +91- 9437311252
Fax : +91 - 0671 - 2491935
College website: www.jiet.edu.in
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com